Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Poem-

One day I prayed a prayer that changed my life forever

“God create in me a miracle,

bless me with eyes to see.

I know that you are there, 

But as hard as I search,

I cannot find you anywhere”


I said all this in innocence

barely over a year ago.

All in faith that He would fulfill

But with no idea of when or how

or any knowledge of what was in store


People’s trails rarely seem that bad,

when you’re on the outside looking in.

I always scoffed when people said they had been broken

Always said that I could make it through what they had.

But the tests set out before us

were laid out by the Father that knows us to our very core.


Being broken comes in many shapes and forms

For some it’s the commitment

Or a bruising and breaking down of an ego,

Other’s it is the chance that they may fail.

Being led through life’s storms

 is a promise God does reveal


In a girlish flight of feeling,

I gave my heart away

It felt so different, so strange 

But I fervently prayed the feelings would forever stay.

Little did I know God was about to grant my prayer

To create in me a miracle with new eyes to see


 I was broken, as far away from people as could be

Mentally, so I moved that it would also be physically.

Ten hours south, to the beach and the sun.

I was determined to start a new

To run in the ocean and have some fun.


At first my plan was working, 

and the pain seemed to dull

I decided to play a game with God

To see how long I could go

without His  hand to guide me



I was busy with school, and the beach

But ignoring God to prove a point

It left me feeling anything but full.

I embraced the sun, the weather and the warmth

But inside I still felt cold and dark, alone and full of fear


I refused, I did not want to hear

what other’s had to say to try and brighten up my day

It was then I began to learn

One’s worst life with God is better

than one’s best life without Him.


Once again I found myself before Him on the floor

Beginning to implore

“I want to be a miracle, I want a drastic change

The pain of being broken, is just too much to bear

God take me as you will, but don’t forget

to heal me as well.”


I wanted something immediate . 

A great light from heaven to strike me where I was

A bandage around my heart

to guide the pieces together

to calm the storms of my soul, and bring me to the light


I began to feel the forces start the fight

for my soul and who I am.

“God what are you doing? 

I do not understand, to go through 

all this pain, was never in my plan.”


One day I acted on a whim

I drove through the desert,and witnessed 

a wilderness and beauty

I never knew existed. 

God found me in the desert

Gave me water and let me live


I embraced His love and kindness

Took a walk along the beach

until I found a cliff. 

I overlooked the waves

felt so tiny, like a single grain of sand



Grateful and loved 

that I was important enough to be saved

I embraced my tears with ease

felt complete, and allowed my heart to bleed

I let go of all my fears.

Jesus was with there, hugging and loving me for me


I made it home, and the floor on bended knee

In the same place I first asked for 

a miracle and new eyes for me to see.

By faith I came to realize

By faith I made my plea


By grace Jesus answered,

even though I faltered, hated and I screamed

He never left my side

leading and holding me tighter everyday.

I was broken, made anew 

and would never have it any other way.


One day I prayed a prayer, because I knew my life was forever changed

“God you created in me a miracle,

gave me brand new eyes with which to see.

I know, Father that you are there,

and I search and I can see 

By faith I will now follow you anywhere”


No comments:

Post a Comment